Saturday, August 6, 2011

the good stuff




I love mornings like this.


It is quiet all around the house. The puppies are still sleeping and so are the hubby and the little babe.


The day is starting off a little gray, rain is tapping on the roof and I can hear the water running down the gutters and downspouts. The roads are steaming from yesterday's heat.


I am not really much of a morning person but today I can't go back to sleep. I have to keep watching my two most precious :) They are lying right next to me in bed, one on the side and the little one in the middle all sprawled out and holding his daddy's wrist tightly.


These are the moments I have treasured most since becoming a mommy. The early morning stretches after I rescue him from the tight grip of the swaddle blanket. The many smiles I receive after he finishes nursing and his belly is full again. The closeness we share, the kind only we can experience.
Watching him lie there in just his diaper and the full glory of his chubbiness, staring at me - his mommy, as if I am the only person in the world that matters.


Then I look over at the grown man right next to him and I can't believe how lucky I am to have both of them in my life. And then I try to put my heart back in line just to keep it from bursting with all of the love I feel these days.


We are blessed, we are lucky to have a happy and healthy baby boy in our lives and a roof over our heads that protects us from this dreary day outside.


Every day I am thankful to be his mom.
Every day I am thankful to be his wife.


I am now going back to soaking it all up before the hustle of this Saturday begins... We have a wonderful wedding to attend... more love :)

1 comment:

I love to hear from you so please comment away.