Monday, June 4, 2012

diy: a first birthday party









so i am fully aware that nobody except for me wants to see this many pictures of my child but it was his first birthday and he is the cutest so you'll just have to deal with it :)

we had a great party on memorial day weekend with a ton of cake and a pancake breakfast. he loved it all: the people, the presents, the food. we were so happy most of our friends and family could share this special day with us. logan only had one mini meltdown when one of his little friends started crying and it scared him into a hysterical cry as well. it was actually a little bit funny for us parents to watch.

my mom and i made a banana shaped cake, cinnamon cupcakes, a chocolate coconut loaf, an apple cinnamon loaf and my all time favorite: my godmother's recipe for carrot cake. we also had fruit salad, strawberry and pineapple skewers, a vegetable pizza courtesy of the MIL, iced tea with mint from the garden and freshly squeezed lemonade.

i never got a chance to take pictures of the decorations and food set up before people came so this is all i have. i used streamers and balloons indoors and out on the porch. i made logan his shirt with the appliqued number one on it and he actually kept it quite clean all day long. the birthday invites are my own design as well and will be available in my shop as a diy printable/download later this summer.

so that was his party. low key, all diy, not a crazy amount of people - just right.

i still can't believe my baby is now a toddler.

happy first birthday little man! mama and papa love you so much.


Pin It





5 comments:

  1. nice and simple ... I like that. You have a beautiful little boy.

    I began following your blog just recently and I became interested. I'm from San Diego but currently live in Tucson. I have three kids, my youngest about to turn 18 months old.
    take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks like it was a great party! he looks very happy eating all that food :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your son is one of the prettiest babies I have ever seen! He is sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. doch, klar wollen wir so viele Fotos sehen! Sieht nach einem tollen Geburtstag aus, die Einladung ist zauberhaft, Pfannkuchen zum Frühstück sind grandios und der Banenenkuchen... einfach schön. Würde sagen, das war eine gelungene Party! Alles Gute zum Geburtstag, Logan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job! You're so creative! I especially love those pancakes! How in the world did you do that?!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please comment away.