Wednesday, July 18, 2012

airports, an outfit and new hair




jeans: current elliott (similar), chambray shirt: jcrew (similar), sweater: esprit (similar), shoes: converse one star, bag: marc by marc jacobs, scarf: pieces




airports.
i have a love-hate relationship with airports.
they are an inevitable part of our traveling lifestyle, a starting or ending point, a point of passing through, the promising beginning of a trip into something new and possibly quite wonderful or the end of a long journey and the familiar face of coming home. however, mostly they are busy, stuffy, dirty, smelly, crammed, impervious and confusing. if you travel a lot you get to know airports quite well and you learn to adapt and blend into the natural flow of the airport menagerie.
the one thing that gets me every time though are the people. i can't help but wonder who all of these people are and where they are going. what are their stories? are they simply going on a quick vacation to some tropical island? are they going to see or pick up a loved one? are they on their third business trip for the week and really would rather switch places with one of those vacation travelers?
airports make my imagination run wild.
so while you're reading my little philosophical analysis of airports i am probably stuck in one, waiting for luggage, customs or maybe even immigration, still wondering who all of these people are and where they will end up at the end of their journey.
as for myself, i will end up in my bed with my two favorite guys trying to make up some lost sleep.
not much of a story but definitely good enough for me.


sidenote: i am giving away this yellow floral scarf on friday so make sure to check back and enter for a chance to win that beaut :) 


and yes, this is the new hair color... still hoping it'll lighten up a bit.


Pin It

17 comments:

  1. loving the hair color!!!

    xo Jessica
    www.newlyloved.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. jet setter!

    http://jamwordscrolls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the scarf! I'm definitely entering that.

    XOXO

    http://projectadoration.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. och warum, hat was von Schneewittchen... ich find's gut.
    LG
    Swenja

    ReplyDelete
  5. smooth traveling! yes.. i too wonder about all the stories at the airport.. where are they going, from what, to what. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the hair!! you are making me so excited for fall!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the hair!! agree with with bethany your outfit makes me so excited for fall!!! you look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That outfit is comfy for plane hopping ^_^ And you are so beautiful!!

    Kim,USA

    ReplyDelete
  9. first of all, you're gorgeous
    second, i love your outfit
    third, is it weird i really like airports? when i was little my mom would fly is from tokyo to the US every summer to see family and with 4 kids under the age of 10 she had to make it lots of fun to get us to behave...and the positive association stuck and i still love airports, and flying :P

    anywya, just found your blog and excited to be your newest follower!
    love,
    elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the scarf! And the new hair color looks amazing on your. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you are home safe and sound now! And I do the same thing in airports...it's the BEST people watching place around. Coming over from the link up! So happy to find your blog and follow along. You are too cute for words!
    Shanna
    Giveaway @ Because Shanna Said So

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the hair...and outfit! I often wonder the same thing when I'm in airports....I'm such a people watcher. It's funny because I love travel and the convenience of flyer, but I've experienced so much frustration in airports. Then there's other times where I'm all too glad to hop on a later flight so I can get free vouchers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love both the hair and the outfit!
    And honestly, what else are you supposed to do in an airport?? :)
    whileholdingcoffee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute outfit! Makes me want cooler weather!

    Paige

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great thoughtful post and that outfit is just amazing. You took a casual look and made it super cool and chic. Love everything about how you styled it. I love this post so I'm gonna go check out more of your blog! Found you through The Pleated Poppy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm a little bit jealous of what you're wearing in these pictures - it's over 100 degrees where I live so it will be a long time before I can wear a scarf :(

    I know what you mean about airports - I always think of the first and last scenes in the movie Love Actually when I'm in one!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please comment away.